According to Youtube officials, the fake video that depicts in graphic fashion in which President Donald Trump is attacking and shooting his critics does not violate the company’s policies against content that incites violence because it is fictional.
A Youtube spokesperson named Ivy Choi said in a statement:
‘’For content containing violence that is clearly fictional, we age-restrict and display a warning interstitial. We applied these protections to this video.’’
The video sparked controversies from both sides of the political spectrum as CNN officials came out with a Sunday night statement saying:
“Sadly, this is not the first time that supporters of the President have promoted violence against the media in a video the apparently find entertaining – but it is by far and away the worst. The images depicted are vile and horrific. The President and his family, the White House, and the Trump campaign need to denounce it immediately in the strongest possible terms. Anything less equates to a tacit endorsement of violence and should not be tolerated by anyone.’’
Several comments also came from the White House Correspondents’ Association as they condemned it also. Jonathan Karl, the president of the association shared his word:
“We have previously told the President his rhetoric could incite violence. Now we call on him and everybody associated with this conference to denounce this video and affirm that violence has no place in our society.’’
Phillips, the organizer for the event spoke with the Times saying that the clip was played at the conference as part of a meme exhibit.
‘’Content was submitted by third parties and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference in any official capacity. American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue about the preservation of free speech. This matter is under review,’’ said Phillips.