Your Daily Polling Update for Tuesday, December 6, 2022
BIDEN JOB APPROVAL: AVERAGE 42%
Up 1 from Friday
RON’S COMMENT: Today’s average is based on three polls, ranging from 40% (Reuters) to 43% (Rasmussen, Economist). Biden’s disapproval rating averages 54% today (same as Friday), putting him at 12 points net negative.
Among voters nationwide
- Ron DeSantis and Joe Biden: even (42-42-11) Marquette
- Joe Biden over Donald Trump: +10 (44-34-19) Marquette
RON’S COMMENT: This national poll has DeSantis and Biden tied, but shows Biden leading Trump by a substantial 10 points…. Note that in the DeSantis-Biden race, 11% say they want “someone else” and in the Trump-Biden race, 19% say they want “someone else.”
- Among Republicans and Republican-leaners: DeSantis rates 68% favorable/10% unfavorable, Trump rates 67% favorable/32% unfavorable and Pence rates 51% favorable/40% unfavorable
- The poll report says: “DeSantis appeals to many of Trump’s GOP supporters, being seen favorably among Republicans who are also favorable to Trump, and, to a lesser but still-notable degree, he is also seen favorably among those unfavorable to Trump.”
- This poll was completed nearly two weeks ago.
GEORGIA SENATE RUNOFF
Among voters statewide
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +5 (52-47) Landmark
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +4 (51-47) Trafalgar-R
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) and Herschel Walker (R): +5 (50-45) Mitchell
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +3 (51-48) InsiderAdvantage-R
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +2 (51-49) Data for Progress-D
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +2 (49-47) Patriot
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) over Herschel Walker (R): +5 (51-46) UMass Lowell
- Average of these six polls: D +3.7
- Average of the five most recent polls: D +3.8
RON’S COMMENT: Seven polls––all show Warnock ahead and most show Warnock with 50% or more…. Mitchell has Warnock winning women by 21 and Walker winning men by 14. Whites vote with Walker 63-32, but Blacks are for Warnock 85-11 and other races favor Warnock 51-42.
Presidential job rating average based on recent nationwide polls.
Publication schedule: Lunchtime Politics publishes when important new polling data is available, usually at least once a week. When we get closer to the next round of elections, we will resume daily publication. Thanks to all our readers and best of health, Ron
Follow here to get the latest updates on the Lunchtime Politics.
Be the first to comment