Several Senators from the Senate intelligence committee intend to make the Pentagon UFO program more available for the public so the U.S. citizens can be more informed about the government findings of alien life. The panel issued a statement on Tuesday that it supports the efforts of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force as they confirmed that the program still exists.
According to a New York Times report from a few years ago, the Pentagon acknowledged funding a secret multi-million dollar program to investigate sightings of UFOs.
The program is focused on the collection and reporting of unidentified aerial phenomena and the threat they pose to the U.S. military. But the program is also used to investigate China’s espionage capabilities such as the use of drones.
The reason why the senators wanted to make this information public is because they think that the information sharing and coordination across the intelligence community is inconsistent even though they recognize that this topic is sensitive because of various reasons.
Two months ago, three videos taken by U.S. Navy pilots in which mid-air encounters with UFOs were shown, were published by the Pentagon, with one of the videos being shot in November 2004 and the other two in January 2015.
“Dude, this is a f–king drone, bro. There’s a whole fleet of them. They’re all going against the wind. The wind’s 120 knots to the west. Look at that thing, dude. It’s rotating,’’ was said in one of the videos.
According to The New York Times, five Navy pilots told the reporters that they had a series of interactions with unidentified aircraft during training missions in 2014 and 2015 along the East Coast from Virginia to Florida. The episodes prompted the Navy to clarify how pilots should report experiences with unidentified aerial phenomena, which had been studied under a Pentagon program from 2007 to 2012.