Your Daily Polling Update for Thursday, December 24, 2020
TRUMP JOB APPROVAL: AVERAGE 42%
RON’S COMMENT: President Trump’s job rating now falls short nearly 5 points of the national popular vote percentage (46.9%) he received in the recent election…. Today’s average is based on five polls, ranging from 39% (Gallup) to 45% (Rasmussen). Without these extremes it would be 41%…. Trump’s disapproval rating averages 55% today…. See the trend in Trump’s job approval average since the beginning of 2020 at approval trend.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Have a safe, healthy and Merry Christmas!
U.S. SENATE: RUNOFFS
Among voters statewide
GEORGIA (Special Election)
- (Fox 5/Insider Advantage) Raphael Warnock (D) over Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R): +2 (49-47)
- (WXIA-TV) Raphael Warnock (D) over Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R): +7 (52-45)
- Average of last four polls: Even
GEORGIA (Regular Election)
- (Fox 5/Insider Advantage) Sen. David Perdue (R) over Jon Ossoff (D): +1 (49-48)
- (WXIA-TV) Jon Ossoff (D) over Sen. David Perdue (R): +5 (51-46)
- Average of last four polls: Perdue +0.3
COMMENT: Polls had been showing the two Republicans with leads, but today’s polling presents less optimistic news for the GOP. It has Democrat Warnock on top in both surveys and a split decision in the Perdue race, with the incumbent edging Ossoff in one and Ossoff breaking out a lead in the other…. Watch the averages––they show both races even or almost even…. In the WXIA/SurveyUSA poll:
- Race: Loeffler wins Whites 66-30, but Warnock wins Blacks 90-8 and Hispanics 53-45. Perdue wins Whites 67-31, but Ossoff wins Blacks 90-6 and Hispanics 52-45.
- Turnout: Among voters who say they won’t vote in the runoff, Loeffler leads 38-31 and Perdue leads 45-34. Clearly, Republicans need to give these voters reasons to turn out and vote.
- Accurate count: 20% of Republicans and 63% of Democrats have “full confidence” that the votes in the January runoff will be counted accurately. Another 30% of Republicans and 26% of Democrats have “some confidence.”
- Joe Biden’s win: 56% think Biden won the presidential race “fair and square” and 53% “wholeheartedly accept” his election.
Presidential job rating average based on recent nationwide polls.
Subscription note: If you ever stop receiving Lunchtime Politics, check your spam or junk folders. Sometimes, for mysterious reasons, the newsletter may re-route to there. Please know that we will never take you off our subscriber list unless you ask us to do so.
Follow here to get the latest updates on the Lunchtime Politics.