Three declassified videos were taken by the US Navy that shows unidentified flying objects were released by the Pentagon.
The Department of Defense issued a statement on Monday in which they said that the black and white videos were recorded during training flights – one in November 2004 and two in January 2015.
According to Independent, in the footage, which the Navy confirmed as genuine in September of last year, the UFOs are picked up by infrared cameras and can be seen moving at pace across the sky of rotating mid-air.
The Pentagon said that the videos were released to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real or whether or not there is more to the videos.
“After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena,’’ the statement said.
In one of the videos, a male voice is heard and it is saying:
“There is a whole fleet of them.’’
While another one says: “There are all going against the wind. The wind is 120 knots to the west. Look at that thing, dude!’’
Now retired US Navy pilot David Floor, who saw the unidentified objects in 2004, said that the object moved in a way that he could not explain.
“As I got close to it … it rapidly accelerated to the south and disappeared in less than two seconds. This was extremely abrupt, like a ping pong ball, bouncing off a wall. It would hit and go the other way,” said Floor.
Harry Reid, former Senate Democratic leader said that these videos only scratch the surface of research and materials available.
“The US needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed,” said Reid.